Here is a list of college scholarships available.
See the guidance department for more information.
Check back often for updates.
Some of the scholarships have forms attached that you can download.. or please contact Mr. Earl for more information.
There are numerous scholarships that we are made aware of and we attempt to provide those on this webpage. The best way to stay informed is through personal contact with Mr. Earl. Please Contact him for further scholarship opportunities.
- You must have proof that you are attending a college or university. (ex. transcripts, acceptance letter, screenshot of grades, picture of acceptance letter, etc.)
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- You must have been negatively impacted by a car crash, bicycle accident or other events leading to personal injuries.
- Must be currently attending University or college (or set to attend) during the 2017 calendar year.
- Must be in good standing with current or prospective institution.
- Must apply to the content via email, providing name, address, university name, major and your expected graduation month and year.
- Provide your application (a piece of game-development related work) before December 31st, 2017.
- A winner will be chosen by the 15th January 2018
Best Mattress Review Scholarship
Fostoria Chapter, NO. 94 Order of the Eastern Star Scholarship
SWCS Mohawk Club Scholarship
Findlay Kiwanis Scholarship
Terra Choral Society Scholarship
Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship
Master Gardener Scholarship
Aspiring Nurse Scholarship
Seneca County Master Gardeners Scholarship
Fostoria Knights of Columbus Ladies Auxiliary Scholarship
Impact Credit Union Scholarship
Vaughn Industries Doug Porter Memorial Student Scholarship 2017
Findlay Lodge NO. 227
* This scholarship requires a letter of recommendation from an Alpha Delta Kappa member. ADK members associated with SW include Lisa Noel, Diann Hay, Vicki Lannen and Jane Bowerman.
Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarship 2017
2017 Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union Scholarship
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital Foundation 2017 Scholarship Application Program
For more information and scholarship application see Mr. Earl or click on the link below.
Wood County Hospital Medical Staff Scholarship 2017
Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative Youth Tour 2017
Award: Trip to Washington D.C. and $500 scholarship
Deadline: March 1st, 2017
**This scholarship opportunity is only for current Sophomores and Juniors
For scholarship information and application see Mr. Earl or click on the link below.
Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative Youth Tour 2017
Hancock County Retired Teachers Association
Deadline: March 1st, 2017
For additional information and scholarship application see Mr. Earl or click on the link below.
Hancock County Retired Teachers Association Scholarship
Deadline: February 28th, 2017
For information and scholarship application see Mr. Earl or click on the link below.
For an application and additional information see Mr. Earl or click the link below.
For more information see Mr. Earl or click on the link below.
Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative Scholarship Program for 2017
Fostoria Rotary Scholarship 2017
Deadline: March 10th, 2017
See Mr. Earl for scholarship application and criteria, or click on the link below.
The Catholic Diocese of Toledo Employee Benefit Fund established this scholarship in memory of Mr. Edward Schaefer who served on the Board of Trustees of the Diocese’s Lay Retirement Plan for sixteen years. He was a catalyst in bringing about improvements in the Retirement Plan and other employee benefits in the diocese.
Competition for this scholarship extends over the 19 county area of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo and is awarded to three graduating seniors planning to attend college, who have a parent participating in the Lay Retirement Plan. The amount awarded to the top three applicants is $2,000 each.
The award was originally intended to award service and leadership – service first. It was Mr. Schaefer’s wish that the award go to a student who worked selflessly and achieved their potential but was not the outstanding student who receives numerous awards and scholarships.
The original committee members looked for the person who did volunteer work above and beyond any school requirements, perhaps one who worked on many committees.
The application states “service to church and community as well as leadership.”
The award is not to be based on need because there are other need scholarships. Academics are to be considered to determine whether the person can be successful in college.
INDIAN MILL ANTIQUE ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
Ivan & Doris SCHOENBERGER FAMILY
The Ohio State University Alumni Scholars Program (ASP)
Sandusky County Voiture #1057 Scholarship
Deadline: April 7th, 2017
*only for students who live in Seneca or Sandusky Counties and who are planning on attending college for nursing
See Mr. Earl for scholarship criteria and application or click on the link below.
Robert A. Klingler Co. Scholarship
- Scholarship Page: http://klinglerlaw.com/scholarship/
- Terms & Conditions: http://klinglerlaw.com/scholarship/terms-and-conditions/
- Application: http://klinglerlaw.com/scholarship/application/
No Essay. No GPA.
A scholarship designed for creative voices to be heard
1. Students submit projects that respond to the prompt in one of the following media categories:
- Creative writing
- Video (for current college students)
2. Five students will each be awarded $1,000 toward their college tuition. There will be one awardee per medium.
3. Students reflect on this year’s prompt: Represent your views about the concepts of education vs. learning.
The Ohio Charity Foundation, Inc. and the Ohio Knights of Columbus are pleased to announce that, for the 2016-2017 school year, numerous $1,000 scholarships will once again be made available for Catholic students (grades nine through twelve) attending Catholic High Schools in Ohio. This is the nineteenth consecutive year that the Knights of Columbus Scholarships have been awarded to our outstanding Catholic High School students. More than $619,000 has been awarded during that period.
All K of C Scholarship data may be found on the Ohio Knights of Columbus website at a new web address: https://www.kofcohi
The requirements that will be considered for this scholarship are financial need, Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher, academic awards, community and/or parish involvement, and extracurricular activities. Preference may be given to students who are sons or daughters of a Knight of Columbus member in good standing; or a son or daughter of a deceased member. We have a particular desire to help students, who may be considering a religious vocation, stay in a Catholic High School to foster and encourage that calling.
No more than one scholarship per Catholic High School will be awarded. A selection committee representing Ohio Charity Foundation, Inc. and the Knights of Columbus will make the final selection of the scholarship winners. Applications must be completed by the STUDENT and mailed back to the address listed below, along with a current transcript of grades, by November 15, 2016. Please make additional copies of the application.
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Engineers Foundation of Ohio scholarships are sponsored by the Engineers Foundation of Ohio (EFO) in conjunction with the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) and the Ohio Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE).
- be a graduating high school senior (exceptions noted in individual scholarship descriptions);
- have at least a 3.0 (A=4.0) grade point average;
- meet the minimum SAT (Math=600, Reading or Composition=500) or ACT (Math=29, English=25) test scores as set by the National Society of Professional Engineers; &
- be a citizen of the United States and a permanent resident of the State of Ohio.
The application needs to be completed and either mailed or dropped off at EFO prior to the deadline specified on the application. No emailed or faxed copies will be accepted. The brochure lists the criteria for our scholarships and describes which scholarships are available this year. Both the application and brochure may be copied as needed for distribution to students. These scholarships are offered to outstanding high school students from public, private and parochial high schools throughout Ohio who desire careers in engineering.
Planning on attending BGSU and considering a career in teaching science or math?
You may be eligible for a scholarship (up to $20,000) through BGSU’s Science and Math Education in Action program.
Click the link below for scholarship criteria or go to www.bgsu.edu/action for additional information about the scholarship and to apply for this scholarship.Deadline is January 15th, 2017.
Ohio Society Daughters of the American Revolution scholarship.
Deadline: February 10th, 2017
Planning on going to the University of Dayton? Contact Mr. Earl by December 1st (2016) to see if you could be eligible for the Leadership in Service Scholarship at the University of Dayton. This scholarship is valued at $10,000 ($2,500 per year for four years).
The Lawyers here at Groth & Associates are proud to offer a generous $1,000.00 scholarship for any individuals who qualify. To qualify for this scholarship:
- Must have a G.P.A. of 3.0+
- Fill out the form with your contact information
- Attach school transcript to verify enrollment
- Attach a 500-word essay about difficulties or hardships you have had to personally overcome
The deadline for application submissions is June 1, 2017. Qualifying students can apply here: